Saturday, March 31, 2012

Back on the treadmill & Easter Eggs!

Today was great.  Started off a bit rocky but did a great recovery.  I woke up at 7.  I set my alarm for 6:30 and snoozed it until 7.... not sure HOW the hubby didn't KILL ME!  Got into jogging clothes and went downstairs let the pups out and settled into my morning routine, Facebook, Amazon, Yahoo News and coffee.  I was about to get up to go into the basement when I heard tiny squeals from D2's room.  DRATS!!!  FOILED!!!  She must have KNOWN!  I waited about 10 minutes and she was wakening by the second with NO chance of falling back asleep.  UUGGHH.  There's always nap time, right?

She and I hung out until 830 when I woke D1.  We had breakfast and did some 'chores'.  D1 cleaned up her toys while I vacuumed, swept & mopped.  She 'helps' me.  She did help by taking dirty clothes to the laundry room.  Gotta teach them young!

Overall, we had a good day.  D1 has been BEGGING to color Easter eggs and I did hard boil some 2 days ago but hubby wanted to be present and he had to go into work at 2.  I quickly gathered everything and we got the deed done in just the nick of time!  We had about 3 mins to spare when hubby left for work!  Mission complete.  Tomorrow we will sticker them together.

Once D2 woke from her morning nap we ran some errands.  Hit Costco (and got a harsh reminder of why I do not hit big box stores on the weekends!) and dropped off books at the library.  Then it was home.  Surprisingly both kids went to sleep with little drama.  It was time.  TREADMILL TIME.  I was planning to do about 2.5 miles just to see how it went.  It was fabulous.  I walked the 1st and last .5 so I really only ran 1.5 but it was good.  After 3 weeks off I didn't want to go crazy.  Monday I will be back in the saddle!!!  I have 7 weeks until the Rite Aid Half and I would like to be in the ballpark to jog it.  I have already made myself a deal that I'm ok with some walking.  I would like to jog the whole thing but I am not going to push it.  We'll see how the next several weeks go.  If I can increase without any sort of catastrophe I will do it!

After my run I heard a knock at the door.  Freaked me out a bit because NO ONE comes down my driveway.  My first thought was that it was the 10-ish year old neighbor kids.  They have been at my house peddling shit 3 times in the last 6 weeks.  Hubby FINALLY told them 'NO' on Monday (they were just here Friday as well).  Enough extortion all ready!  Anyways I noticed it was a man.  Our TAX MAN!  Our CPA lives down the street and decided to drop off our taxes instead of making me drive to Parma to pick them up.  How nice!!!  I still do want to kiss the man.  We are having a great year (compared to last year ANYTHING is great though!)  I just hope that we can remain on this trajectory!  I'm one happy mama!

No comments:

Post a Comment