Monday, March 12, 2012

Good news and OMG Chicken

Hubby and I went to see the Ortho Doc today.  We waited over a hour for our 5 minute appointment but all was great news.  Its not my tendon, nor is it a fracture.  Apparently I have bone spurs on my heels and he thinks one broke off which is causing inflammation (and pain) in my R talus joint.  Should go away with rest, motrin and a splint/boot for 2 weeks.  Bad news was that he couldn't believe how young I was after looking at my X-rays.  He said that I have very "beat up" ankles and they already show significant arthritis.  GREATTTTTT.  My plan at this point is to call an exercise physiologist.  I want them to evaluate my running and to see if I have horrible form, etc.  I also have to give up the vibrams for running.  Doc said that I need support and the barefoot movement is not one for me.  I will also run this past the exercise phys (no pun intended... get it, run it by him????)  HA!  Anyways great news but eye opening information.  He also noted that if I go back to running and this reoccurs... marathoning days are over.  Humph.  One day at a time, right?

This also means that I can drive home to PA this weekend!!  I'm already making plans... got a haircut scheduled for Sat morning... St Patty's festivities Sat night and then some visits Sunday!  WHOO HOOO!!! Can't wait.  I'm only bringing D1 because Hubby is staying home and I don't know if I can handle two kids on my own away from home, not to mention the bum leg.  We will have a fun girls weekend!

Onto FOOD.

I was Pinteresting chicken recipes, as we are really starting to steer clear of anything except Venison and chicken these days.  (Of course I will make Corned Beef around St Patty's!!!) I came across a recipe entitled OMG Chicken.  Looked good and simple so I figured I would give it a try.  I saw it made with mayo (no thanks) or there was a substitution for Sour Cream or Yogurt... YES PLEASE!!!  I estimated the extra calories at 160ish cals divided by 3 breasts (= 53cals) added to the chicken. NOT TOO SHABBY!

1/2C Yogurt (I used 2% Chobani Greek yogurt)
1/4C Parmesan Cheese
bread crumbs
chicken breasts

Preheat oven to 400 degrees

1. Mix Yogurt with Cheese
2. Spray a baking dish with Pam.
3. Place chicken in pan.
4. Cover Chicken with yogurt mixture
5. Sprinkle with bread crumbs
6. Place chicken in oven for 20-30 mins or until Chicken temp is 165degrees

Then I thought I would pair it with a household favorite.... Mushroom Rice.  Just make a couple cups of rice (we use a long grain mix) and then sautee some mushrooms (we used oyster but use shiitake all the time) in a bit of EVOO and salt.  Once mushrooms are browned chop them and add to cooked rice & mix!

Add A to B

The Mushroom rice

The cooked chicken

Dinner is SERVED!

This was the most moist baked chicken I have ever eaten!!!!!  It was REALLY GOOD.  Hubby said "how did you make this??  You CAN make this again!"  SCORE for the home team!!  So easy and REALLY good!

No comments:

Post a Comment