Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Lawn Mowing Time & Enchiladas W/ Spanish Rice

Its been 80 this week in Cleveland!  Yes, its mid March.  I'm enjoying every minute of it, even if my arms are covered in poison ivy!  I've been clearing the brush in the front, I rearranged my rocks around my pond yesterday since I got some BEAUTIFUL ones when I visited my brother, and today I mowed the lawn.  I did it with D1, we had a blast.  There were some areas in the back acreage that were still too wet to get through with the tractor but I got about half of that done and the whole fenced in backyard.  Every time I mow I think "it looks SO much better mowed" and this was no exception, ESPECIALLY since it is March!  My BIL brought over the brush cutter so I will be going to town clearing more land.  Can't wait until someday this property is all coved in beautiful green grass, ahhhhhh.  Even my newly planted (last year) Magnolia tree is flowering.  SPRING IS HERE.

The stone color and accents we picked!




Making the enchiladas!
Today was a music class day and we took along daddy.  D1 was extremely outgoing. It was nice to see hubby smiling and doting over her.  We then went to pick out our patio stone.  Im REALLY getting excited. Our landscaper said that he can start in April.  CANT wait! A quick stop at the grocery store for a cafe lunch and to get a few things to make dinner.  A friend had her baby on March 1st so I wanted to make a meal to deliver to her.  I had a few people bring us food after D2 and I know how much things like that help.  Not to mention that I like to cook!  So I made 2 pans of chicken enchiladas.  I took one over to my friend's house and we ate the other when I got home.  YUM.  I also made my spanish rice (this time in the rice cooker) and it made a prefect side!


Ready to go!


Chicken Enchiladas

boiled chicken breasts or thighs, shredded
1 sm can green chilies (not drained)
1/4 cup diced onion
taco seasoning (you can omit if you want them "less spicy"
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 spoonful sour cream
2 cans Green Chile Enchilada sauce
2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
Flour tortillas (makes 7-9)

Stir 1st 6 ingredients together
Add 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese.  Stir.  
Pour 1/2 can sauce in bottom of 9 X 13 baking dish & spread around
Stuff tortillas with chicken mixture, roll and place in 9 X 13 baking dish.  
Pour the other 1.5 cans green enchilada sauce on top
Top with 1 cup cheddar cheese.  
Bake at 350 for 20 min. Then broil for a couple minutes til cheese bubbles and starts to brown...don't burn though. 

***** This meal is EXTREMELY freezable!!!!  You could make a few pans and throw them into the freezer for a busy day!

Spanish Rice

White long grain rice (2 cups)
Diced canned tomatoes (15 oz can)
taco seasoning (to taste)
garlic powder (to taste)
Chopped onion (1/2C)
Chopped Green Pepper (1/2C) 

I make the rice with The juice & diced tomatoes INSTEAD of water.  You can always add a bit of water if you are short.  Cook rice.  Saute Chopped onion & green pepper in a bit of EVOO.  Once done mix with rice and add seasoning.  I used about a tablespoon of Taco seasoning & about 2 teaspoons of garlic powder (we LIKE garlic!).  


No comments:

Post a Comment