Monday, March 26, 2012

Damn... its 415 & strawberry infused vodka:)

Today I flew solo because Hubby had to work.  We had nothing on the schedule so we stayed in jammies and watched Lion King all morning until D2 woke up from her nap.  Then I realized that hubby got all the ingredients for my Cilantro Lime Chicken recipe EXCEPT the chicken!!  UGGHH.  So I got the troops mobilized and we were out the door.  D1 keeps talking about Easter coming up so I figured we would stop in at Pat Catan's while we were out.  We got a few cute felt Easter eggs to decorate the windows as well as come cute bunnies for the mantle.  Then I saw the egg decorating packs... they were $1 and have NOT changed since I was a kid.  The memories came flashing back.  The color tablets that you dissolved in water and the wire egg holder.. LOL.. I bought 2... we HAVE To decorate eggs!  OFF TO THE GROCERY STORE!

I had already cut and organized my coupons and had a list.  We did buy a few things like apples and bananas that were not on said list... but I did pretty well with sticking to it today.  It could have been the 2 kids with me!  LOL.  We ran through the isles and at one point D1 said "I'm sleepy".  I looked at my watch and it was 4:15!!!  OMG!  They are usually in bed asleep BY 4.  DAMN.  I completely lost track of time.  We still had a few things to get, had to get my monthly fuelperks fill up and get home.  This was bad.  I raced through the end of the list and got everyone into the car and got my gas.  BTW... funny.  I was pumping and had my discount so my price per gallon was 94 cents.  I told D1 that when mommy started driving gas was 74 cents.  The lady pumping next to me snickered and joined in my conversation saying "yep, isn't this CRAZY".  I told her that I swore that I would ride a bike if gas ever went over $1.  Now its almost $4.  THAT'S CRAZY.

We got home and I got both kiddos to bed.  D2 wasn't very happy about it and didn't fall asleep until 5.  They are supposed to be up at 5:30.  Wasn't gonna happen.  I quickly made the marinade, chopped the zucchini and got the rice into the Zojirushi (BTW.. totally in LOVE with it!).  Then I hopped onto the mower and cut some of the lawn.  Hubby got off work and I realized that in my mad dash out of the grocery store I forgot EGGS!  DAMN!  He stopped on the way home.  I then sautéed the zucchini and threw the chicken on skewers and dinner was served. YUM!!!!  Here's the recipe ( from pinterest OF COURSE ).

Cilantro Lime Chicken

3 tablespoons soy sauce
2 Tbs. honey
1 tablespoon vegetable oil

Juice of 1 lime
2 teaspoon minced garlic
1# boneless chicken breasts or I used tenderloins





Few Tb of fresh cilantro

In a gallon ziplock combine all ingredients

Throw in refrigerator at least 30 minutes.

Grill on medium high heat for 6 to 8 minutes on each side, I skewered mine because they were thin and I chopped a few into bite sized pieces.  Once cooked, throw in bowl and sprinkle with chopped cilantro.  YUM!



I also decided to start the prep for my Bunco night in May.  I don't want to give out too many details but I started some strawberry infused vodka tonight to make strawberry vodka lemonade..... Ohhhhh YEAH!!!! Pics to come!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment