Saturday, March 10, 2012

I got the call :(

Yesterday at the doctor's office I was told that no news was good news regarding my X-ray.  I put the boot on immediately after waking up this morning and went about my day.  I was on the phone when another call beeped in.  I didn't recognize the number so I ignored it and finished my call.  They left a voicemail.  As soon as I heard "this is Michelle from Brunswick Family Medicine regarding your Xray" I knew it was trouble.  Of course I called back immediately.  Basically the radiologist said that he could not rule out a non displaced fracture and that I need to follow up with an orthopedist.  Not what I wanted to hear. AT. ALL.

Now I keep going through scenarios.  This is where coming from a medical background SUCKS.  I am a RN.  I have worked in ER's, ICU's and for Medflight.  Hearing "can't rule out" means... YEP YOU ARE FRACTURED to my ears.  Then I think... how can I stay off of my foot?  I have 2 small children.  It also happens to be my right foot which means that I couldn't drive in a cast.  Dear God I am praying that I can stay in this boot.  I went from hating it to LOVING it in about 5 minutes today.  We have a call into the 'suggested' office of my husband so that they will call me Monday morning.  Fingers & toes crossed that they give me the news I want to hear.

The ingredients
I did make a quick crock pot dinner today and D1, D2 and Hubby SCARFED down.  Here it goes:

Black Bean Salsa Chicken

1# of chicken tenderloins
1 can of black beans, drained
1 can of corn, drained
1 15oz jar of salsa (we used mild)

Add everything to crock pot and cook on high for 4 hours, or on low for 6 hours.  In last 30 minutes add 8oz of cream cheese.

YUM.  I served this over rice.  It was pretty darn wonderful!


Cooked and ready to eat!

YUMMY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment