Monday, March 5, 2012

Operation Organize, Purge & Clean

Today Hubby wanted to hang at his family's house so I was without D1 for the day.  I slept in (until 8:30a!) and started with the fridge.  I clean it regularly but I guess I have neglected it lately as it was DISGUSTING. I took out every drawer, every shelf and cleaned every square inch.  I have known forever that Hubby was a 'Condiment King', but today solidified that knowledge.  We had 12, yes, 12 different kinds of pickles.  We have 6 different hot sauces, 6 kinds of barbecue sauces, and 5 different kimchi's in my fridge.  I won't even begin to get into salad dressings and mustards.

I then started working on the forever migrating toys.  We finished the basement last year and that is the designated "toy room" yet more and more toys end up coming upstairs.  I am constantly taking them back down the steps.  Today I went through both kids rooms and organized them and made rather large piles of toys to head back downstairs.  This is something I can never do with D1 around because everything becomes her "favorite toy" again.  This time also helped me sort through what is going to be sold at our consignment sale.  I felt very accomplished.

Since I got the kids rooms completed I felt like I should clean something of myself as well.  I've had a bag and a half of clothes in the closet to go to Goodwill.  I have also had 2 sock drawers that I can barely close.  I decided it was time.  I went through and pulled out all of the Christmas socks and put them away and then looked for the socks that are thinning/holey and got rid of them. While I was at it I thought it was high time to clean out the bra and underwear drawers.  My body is not what it was 5 years ago.  There is NO reason that I should own thongs, NONE.  I made a deal with myself that if I was every in shape enough to wear them again that I can buy myself new ones.  I must have cleared out 20 pairs.  Shame, I know, but I have always had a steadfast rule that if I haven't worn something in 2 years it was Goodwill bound.  Undies are no different.  I couldn't help but stare at some of these things thinking "I used to fit them", ugggh, tomorrow is a treadmill day!

I finished out the day doing laundry, dishes, vacuuming and mopping floors.  I always feel so good after a good cleaning session.  Its almost as good as therapy for me.

I got my grocery list together after Hubby got home and the kids went to nap.  I spent 2 wonderful hours alone shopping with a  Dunkin Donuts coffee in hand.  Tomorrow is muffin day and I am really looking forward to it.... pictures and recipes to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment