Thursday, March 15, 2012

Going on a a road trip & THE rice cooker

Today was all about preparation.  I spoke with D1 frequently this week about our "big trip" and about how she and mommy were going to have a good time.  Hoping when I wake her at 5am that some of it has sunk in.  Probably not, who am I kidding.

Took D2 to the pediatrician for her 9 month check up.  All went well.  One vaccination and she weighed in at 18# 6 oz!  WHOA!  I looked up D1's stats and she was 14.5!  I'm used to teeny ones and D2 is definitely not that.  She is still only in the 50% percentile for height AND weight but she just seems so much heavier!  Funny how these kids are so aline in some ways yet so different in others.  So fun!

After our appointment I went to the BMV got my new license and took the car to get its E check.  Surprisingly I got everything done and home in an hour!!  SCORE.

Then the neighbor kid V came over to "watch" the kids.  Its nice respite time for me.  I am here and can hear and see what is going on but she wants to do everything.  FINE by me!  I got a bunch of laundry done, dinner made and started to pack.  Hubby took over for V when he got home and I got to finish last minute preparation of our trip.  The car is packed and I am ready to go!

Made Bourbon Salmon (from Giant Eagle), sautéed zucchini, and I did a maiden use of the new rice cooker.  I made sushi (sticky) rice and it was PERFECT.  Can't complain at all.  Highly recommend one!!

Our new Zogirushi


Cross your fingers that I survive 5.5 hours in the car with a 2.5 year old!  Lookout York, here we come!

   

No comments:

Post a Comment