Wednesday, February 29, 2012

70 in Cleveland in FEBRUARY!

So... the day started in the 30's.  It was raining.  I did my 2 miles on the treadmill (its amazing how at this point 2 miles is nothing) and began my day.  Hubby was working so I flew solo.  I got the kids up, jumped into the shower and got both dressed & fed.  My MIL and BIL came to get D1 to take her to her art class at the museum.  D2 and I had a nice peaceful quiet morning.  Its amazing how much a 2.5 year old talks.  Sometimes I wonder if she just does it to hear herself.

D2 taking 2 naps a day is heavenly.  I got 2 loads of laundry done, dishes done and a crock pot dinner started.  D1 came home shortly after 12:30 so we had lunch and played with toys.  I put both to sleep at 3 and decided not to waste this now 70 degree day.  I went outside, donned my gardening gloves and went to town.  I got all the old leaves out of the flower bed. I pruned my butterfly bushes, I got SOME muck out of the pond.  It was a fabulous time.  I'm hoping that this is the beginning of spring.  What I would do to have 3 months of spring!

Its suppose dot be nice again tomorrow.  I have 3 miles to do and then I am going to try to get more pond cleaning done and some cleaning around our ravine edge.  I have decided that we want to de-brush it so its usable.  CANT WAIT.  Last year I was preggo.  Even though that didn't stop me from doing yard work I feel like a lot was put to the wayside.  This year I have some pretty clear cut design ideas that I want to implement to make the yard look awesome.  Pics to come.

Wanted to share.... Pineapple Chicken in the Crock pot.  I made roasted brussel sprouts and white rice with it.  Very good!

Cooking in the crock pot!

Plated.


Here's the recipe:


PINEAPPLE PEPPER CHICKEN


FOR ONE FAMILY
2 cups unsweetened pineapple juice
1 cup sugar
1 cup vinegar
3/4 cup water
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/3 cup cornstarch
1/4 cup ketchup
3 Tbls soy sauce
1 tsp. chicken bouillon granules
1/2 tsp. ground ginger
4 chicken breasts
1 can (8 oz.) pineapple chunks, drained
1 medium green pepper, julienned (optional)


 

No comments:

Post a Comment