Friday, February 3, 2012

Aquarium

Today we went to the new Cleveland Aquarium.  My dad is in town so it was a family outing.  We figured that we would check it out first before buying a pass and make our decision then.  D1 LOVED it.  She went running from tank to tank yelling... "Mommy, Daddy, Pop.. LOOK!"  Needless to say it was a pretty easy decision to make.  You basically have to go 2x to make your money. I have a feeling we will be there much more than that.  They apply what you paid that day to your pass if you buy one that day.  Worked for us.

I know that a lot of people are not going due to the expense but I just don't see that the price is going to decrease.  I did not grow up in Cleveland but I live here now and feel that we should support the city.  I know, cheesy, but its true.  As far as a critique... I thought the aquarium was small.  I did ADORE the architecture.  There was a 'petting' area for the kids as well as a nook for them with toys, kind of like the botanical gardens.  I have a feeling that we will spend a lot of time there.  I like the setup, it was easy to navigate.  Partially, I think I am spoiled.  I grew up going to the National Aquarium in Baltimore.  That place is HUGE.  It has dolphin shows and a rainforest on the top deck.  This is nothing like that, but it's for the kids and not us.  I think everyone enjoyed themselves and we will continue to go back.

No comments:

Post a Comment