Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Meatballs in the crockpot

So I get Better Homes & Garden's emails.  I pin a lot onto pinterest from them.  They always have great color and the recipes always sound yummy.  A few days ago they did a '5 ingredients or less' Crock Pot meal article.  I was salivating by the end.  There were 2 that spoke to me.  An easy chicken curry and a pesto meatball stew.  I made the latter tonight.... YUM....  I don't think of crockpot meatballs as anything besides Super Bowl food, but tonight changed my mind... and D1 LOVED it!!!  The other nice thing was that it only took 2.5 hours.  Here's the recipe!


Pesto Meatball Stew
  • 2
    14 1/2 ounce cans Italian-style stewed tomatoes, undrained
  • 1
    16 ounce package (32) frozen cooked Italian-style meatballs, thawed
  • 1
    15 - 19 ounce can cannellini (white kidney) beans, rinsed and drained
  • 1/2
    cup water
  • 1/4
    cup basil pesto
  • 1/2
    cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese (2 ounces)
directions
1.In a 3 1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker, combine undrained tomatoes, meatballs, drained beans, the water, and pesto.
2.Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 5 to 7 hours or on high-heat setting for 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 hours. Sprinkle each serving with cheese.







No comments:

Post a Comment