Friday, February 17, 2012

WIsh me LUCK!

Going to bed on time tonight because I am running my first 5K of the year (my 3rd race to date).  I joined the Cleveland Road Race Series.  Tomorrow is the Chili Bowl Run and I am pushing D1 in her jogger.  Its pretty funny.. whenever I slow down she turns around and says "faster Mommy".  What a great coach!!!  Love her!  Tomorrow will also mark 10 miles ran this week.  I started my 12 week training program in preparation for the Cleveland Half in May!    

Today the MIL & BIL took D1 to an art class at the museum.  They always seem to have a blast.  It was nice because it was just D2 and I all day which is a rarity.  I got a lot accomplished as she is still taking 2 naps a day!  HA!

My 1st order of business was to make taco seasoning.  One of the blogs I am a regular reader of (Hip2Save) posted it recently.  I LOVE anything taco and I always hate spending the buck on the packet as its always too little or too much so this was PERFECT.  I had bought a dozen glass seasoning jars last time I was at Penzey's so I had the perfect storage.  Here's the recipe!

Ingredients:
4 tablespoons chili powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (more or less depending on how spicy you like it)
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 tablespoon paprika
3 tablespoon ground cumin
1 tablespoon salt
1 tablespoon black pepper

Ingredients all ready to go!

All mixed

Store in an airtight container (or 2)
After I was all done I got on a kick to get some of my 1/2 started projects done.  I got the shelves ready to go up in the bathroom (but I then realized that I didn't have 3" screws so I have to hit Home Depot tomorrow!) I did some touchup work and edging.  I should be able to post the FINISHED product tomorrow.  

I then decided to CLEAN MY CAR.  Not sure if you are like me but we go EVERYWHERE in MY car.  Hubby has carseats & bases but we always seem to be in mommy's car.  Lately the thing has been point blank disgusting.  D1 must have exploded back there because there were sticky juice spots, smushed up goldfish, and trail mix EVERYWHERE.  Enough is enough.  It was so bad that I took the Dyson out there to do it, which I swore I would never do. Dyson always stayed inside, but not for this job!  I have 3rd row seating that folds down.  I never use that row but I decided to set everything up so I could clean.  I then realized that the time I had allotted to do this chore was far to little.  I had planned to work on it for 30 mins and it took 1.5 hours. That was just the INSIDE of the car!  I cleaned, wiped. threw away, and organized.  I washed the floor mats and carseats.  The next person to dirty my car is dead!  I told Hubby tonight that if he EVER has no idea what to get me for my birthday, Christmas, or Anniversary.... get my car detailed.  What a great idea... RIGHT?  If everyone's family is like mine and mom's car is the family car... WE NEED IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment