Saturday, February 25, 2012

A for effort?

Tonight I made yet another 'from the pantry & freezer meal' and it was FABULOUS!!!  I know I say that a lot but MMMMmmmmm.  It was from pinterest... of course.  SOOO easy!

the "gravy"

Crock Pot Good Seasons Chicken



ingredients:
2-4 frozen boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 pkg. italian dressing seasoning (the dried kind in the packet)

Stir the cream cheese, cream of chicken, and seasoning together in the crockpot.  Start crock pot on low to allow ingredients to soften and then stir. Add frozen (or fresh) chicken and cover with the mix. Cook on high 4-6 hours or until the chicken is cooked and fall-apart-tender. Stir a few times to continue coating chicken.

I served this with mashed potatoes.  Tonight I added Boursin cheese, a bit of milk, S & P and 2 Tablespoons of horseradish to my potatoes... YUM.  Then I spooned a bit of the chicken 'gravy' on it and O.M.G!!!!!!


Then tonight I attempted my first satin edged baby blanket.  I had a $70 Walmart sewing machine from the 90's.  I loved it.  Well I upgraded when my mom upgraded.  She sews pretty much anything and everything so she splurged and got some fancy machine that does EVERYTHING.  I got her machine.  Its automatic (the Walmart special had NOTHING of the sort) and I knew that there would be a learning curve but GOSH... this is VERY different.  Im almost sad I gave away my old machine... but I think tonight I would have reverted instead of plowing forward.  I decided that I was going to make D2 a blanket.  I said yesterday that she really hasn't 'adopted' on yet so I wanted to try a few different kinds.  I bought a pink minky fabric and a light pink binding.  I got everything cut and pinned up and started the zigzag stitch around with no problem.  


cut to size


The 'upgrade'


zigzag in 


binding pinned in


DONE!!






Then I added the binding and nothing is ever perfect with me and sewing.  My mitered corners are pretty butchered and there is not a single even straight stitch in the thing but its done.  A for effort?????? 

No comments:

Post a Comment