Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Busy Day

Today was one of the busiest days ever, to sure how we made it through.  Woke up late.  Went to music class 10:30-11:30.  Had a Valentines Event at 1pm at the library so I figured that I would NEVER get back out of the house if we went home.  So I bargained with D1 and we made it to lunch.  D2 slept the whole time so it was almost like old times.  D1 and I.  She was exceptionally good at the restaurant which always makes me gleam as old people comment on her good manners.  Love it.  Then off to the library.

It was a GREAT time.  They had a craft which 2 year olds LIVE for, then story time. That was a bit rough as the attention span of said 2.5 year olds is a BIT short.  Fun nonetheless.  It was REAL social interaction with adults without the words "why" and "can I have some".  Then it was time for an off the charts sugar high.  The kiddos got to decorate 2 sugar cookies... with what?  YEP, Sugar!  They had frosting, they had sprinkles, they had M&M's and they had those sugar valentine hearts.  Oh yeah, my kid was BOUNCING of walls.  All she could do on the way home was this cross between a giggle and a cackle.  Quite amusing. Thank goodness I timed our exit perfectly as her post sugar high crash occurred about 5 mins after she hit the pillow.  PERFECT.

While they napped I got some sanding done on the shelves I built yesterday. I had to deconstruct the one for the basement as it was a bit too long... so I cut my losses there and will save that for another day.  I had big plans to start painting the accent wall but it just didn't happen.

After nap my next door neighbor (13 year old V) called to come over to watch the girls.  I RELISH this time.  She comes over and abducts my kids to the basement/playroom and I have the benefit of getting all (or most) of my stuff done.  Then I realized that I had not started the Membership Directory for my Mom's club.  DRATS.  This is my second year as VP Membership and there are a bunch of things that HAVE to get done in a timely manner.  This is one of those things.  I was supposed to do it in January but it just didn't happen.  So it has been high on my priority list lately.  I can happily say that after 4 hours working on it it's 99% complete.  I have everything put together, I'm just being nice and waiting to see if anyone responds to an email request for a photo.  It looks pretty damn good if I say so myself.  It would be just so awesome to have everyones photo, but I can only do so much.

TOMORROW is bathroom remodel day.  I just have to decide which color to do the shelves.... Divine White like my moulding or stained like the cabinets... Hmmmmm.... decisions.

Oh... and it was leftover day... got nothing for ya! :))))

No comments:

Post a Comment