Friday, February 24, 2012

A little of this and a GREAT dinner

Last night I didn't blog because I have a mile long 'to do' list and its making me insane.  I decided to get a bunch of things done which, with my new go to bed early and wake up early routine, didn't allow me time online.  I got 2 blankets and a wreath done.  Don't be too harsh on me... they were just the polar fleece tie blankets.  I wanted to make one for D2 and I had a request from a cousin to make her one.  D2's took a whole 20 mins as I only made it about a yard square.  The request blankie took a bit of time because I did 3 1/4 yards.  Glad its done.  I have it boxed up ready to go to the post office and head out to Philly.  I look at pics of D1 and noticed that she had a blankie by D2's age.  D2 has still not 'adopted' a blankie.  So I keep making/buying them in hopes that she finds one that she likes.  I just bought 'minky' fabric and a wide satin binding to see if she likes it.... ahhhhh... another project!

D2's fleece blankie

Cousin's!


The wreath was just adding easter grass to one I had 1/2 made prior.  I went to Pat Catan's and bought a wreath form and saw that they had paper mache eggs for like 20 cents.  I bought the whole box.  They also had these cute felt egg stickers for fifty cents.  I got 2 packs of them too.  I hot glued everything together and then added easter grass anywhere you could see the foam.


 I have been wanting to clean out my pantry a bit and I also went through my fridge & freezer trying to get things rotated.  I found a 1/4 bag of cooked shrimp in the freezer as well as a bunch of press parsley in the fridge.... this is what I came up with.  OMG... SOOOO YUMMY!!!

Pesto Shrimp, Penne Pasta and Veggies

3/4 cup Classico Pesto
15 oz can Italian Diced tomatoes
1 box penne pasta
1 can medium black olives (halved lengthwise)
1 bunch of parsley, chopped
2 jars marinated artichoke hearts
1/2 pound shrimp
3-4 cloves of garlic, pressed
Shredded Parmesan garnish

So I mixed the basil, black olives, artichoke hearts, and garlic in a bowl.  I added the parsley and diced tomatoes.  Meanwhile, I cooked the penne per the directions and in the last 5 mins or so I threw in the shrimp (they were already cooked).  I drained the pasta and shrimp and tossed all together.  I added a bit of shredded parmesan on top.  SOOOOOO easy & yummy!!!!  Best thing was it was all stuff from my fridge, pantry & freezer that I wanted to clean!  You can obviously use more or less of any ingredient!
**** this dish would be good hot or cold!!!

All tossed together

Plated.  YUM.
ENJOY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment