Saturday, February 4, 2012

Where does the time go?

This has been my question since D2 came along.  Where DOES the time go.  I always feel late (and I usually am!) and by the time I get home and settled after being out its dark outside.  All I can say is thank goodness for crockpots!

Today I defrosted a crock pot meal.  I was in the mood for some chicken corn soup.  It was a preschool day for D1 so I figured I would do something quick and easy.  My husband worked late tonight so I was nice and let him sleep in.  I loaded the car with D1, D2, my dad and myself and we dropped D2 off at Grammies house.  Preschool was fun.  We are in a 2 year old mommy/toddler class.  I get usual social interaction I lack the rest of the week and D1 gets to do things I don't allow her to do at home (fingerprinting, playing with rice, crafts with lots of glue and glitter, etc).  It was nice having dad there,  I think he enjoyed it too.  Afterwards we decided to hit a few errands and lunch.  I introduced him to Winking Lizard.  Oh how I love that place.

We picked up D2 and headed home and it was already almost 4 and hubby had to leave for work.  I dunked D1 into bed for her nap and occupied D2 for an hour or so until her nap time.  I was pretty exhausted by this time and treadmill time was out of the question because D1 would soon be waking.  I decided to tackle something on the "to do" list and hung some of the Rubbermaid Fasttrack units we bought.  I will post a pic upon completion.  I forgot to order one piece and another was missing a screw.. so back to Lowes I go in the morning!

After nap I decided to attempt to make homemade egg noodles to go into the soup.  D1 was all about helping me with the "play dough".  She picked a circle cutter and we went to town.  They ended up pretty good.  We will definitely do this again.

Dough ready to be cut!

My little helper
Here is the recipe.  I got it from a high school friend. Thanks Janelle!  :
2c flour 
1/2tsp salt
2eggs 
2-3TBS water
1TBS shortening


make mound in flour add egg and salt and shortening.mix (with hands) til forms a stiff dough. 
add some water or milk if to dry. 
roll out as thin as u can about 1/8 thick(I dont get specific i just roll it. kids love thicker n thinner pieces.) 
cut into 1 in squares.(sometimes ilet the kids use very small cutters or plastic knives to cut their own shapes with the dough. they love loking for them in their soup.) 
drop a few at a time into the boiling broth. take breaks a few minutes in between adding noodles so they dont all stick together. only take a couple minutes to cook tho. "


Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment