Monday, February 13, 2012

Financial Day

When I stress out, I clean.  Needless to say, I have a spotless house today. I got up at 7, did a cup of coffee, email and treadmill thing and then the kids and hubby were up.  He watched the kiddos while I went to town, floors, bathrooms, shower, bedrooms all done.  Took about 3 hours.  Then it was time.  The time that I had dreaded but could not put off anymore.

Last month we made New Years Resolutions and one of them is to save money.  We have never been good at this as we have always had 'things on our plate', huge things.  We got married, we had D1, we built a home (AKA the financial hemorrhage), then we needed a yard, then a tractor to mow yard, and then D2 came along.  We are now pretty well "done" and need to start planning for retirement and SAVING MONEY.  We decided to get a financial planner.  We interviewed a couple of people and one in particular stood out.  We felt that he was extremely knowledgeable and felt secure with his plan of attack.  This sounds all peachy until you are printing out every financial document you own, every insurance, every debt, every piece of your financial well(or not-so-well) being.  It becomes very scary.  Hubby felt wonderful after we had our meeting as I sat with a lump in my stomach the entire 1hr 40 mins.  Hoping that once they start plugging the numbers in that the picture will be less painful than I imagine.  Here's to crossed fingers!

No comments:

Post a Comment