Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Sprout Lunch and Crockpot Garlic Chicken

Today started early.  I was up at 5 am with D2.  She was crying and just would not go back to bed.  She is getting 2 MORE teeth (poor thing already has 6 and she is only 10 months old!!) and has had a snotty nose so took pity on her and gave her a bottle.  She was asleep within 10 minutes.  I then started my day, coffee, email and I got dressed for a short run.  I hit the front door and to my surprise I saw SNOW!!!  UUGGHH.  I went out and did 3 miles.
SNOW!
I got home and woke everyone up.  It was Art Class day for D1 so we had to get moving.  It went pretty seamlessly and I even had a few minutes to shower.  Yeah mom!  I threw a freezer meal into the crock pot and had my low cal breakfast.  1 cup of rice krispies and 1/2 cup of almond milk.  YUM.  I wanted to get outside to do some work but it was just too cold, wet and dreary.  If Hubby would have been motivated I would have been all in but it just want happening.

I decided to clear out the fridge and use some of my sprouts for lunch.  I concocted an AWESOME sandwich.

2 pieces 9 grain bread
1 wedge of Laughing Cow swiss
2-3 tablespoons of my olive hummus from last night (click HERE for recipe)
1 hard boiled egg, sliced
sliced sweet red pepper
handful of broccoli & bean sprouts
dash of salt

Ingredients

AWESOME.
Then D1 wanted a snack.  I was hungry (counting calories ALWAYS makes me cagy for the first few days) and wanted popcorn.  To keep it low cal I decided to use a pinterest trick.  I put 1/3 cup of popcorn kernels in a brown paper bag.  Turned out great.  We sprinkled parmesan cheese and some Garlic & Wine seasoning (melting pot).  All that for like 70 calories!!  WHOOO HOOOOO!!!  D1 loved it too!!


Dinner was a freezer meal.  Garlic chicken.  It was great, I think it needs more garlic for us (WE LOVE GARLIC) and I paired it with rice.

All in all a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment