Monday, April 9, 2012

Mexican Spaghetti & DE-EASTERING

Today started with a 5.5 mile run.  I wasn't sure what I was gonna do when I left and about 3 miles in I decided to make a loop and see how far it was to the 'center of town' and back.  I live in a real town that is only 3 square miles so I say 'center of town' loosely.  It ended up being 5.5 miles total.  I was looking on the garmin connect website at other routes and I may try another way... I'd like to do 7 miles at the end of the week.  The half marathon is going to be here before I know it.  I have realized that I need more than one day off though.  My knees were achy for the first mile, so I need a longer rest.. so nothing for 2 days or so.  I did start the Bodymedia Fit again.  Of course, we NEVER eat out, let alone fast food, but we made a quick stop at Chick-fil-A today for lunch.  Threw my whole day off, oh well.

We went on a family trip to Tractor Supply to get a few things and I had to laugh out load.  We were talking to one of the employees and my husband asked where the rope and axes were.  She gave me the funniest look like "are you SURE you 're gonna be ok?"  TOO FUNNY.

We got home, put the kiddos to nap and walked the property and decided what trees were going to meet Mr Chainsaw.  The front is basically done, we are now working on the side.  I think in 2 weeks of nap time working we should be able to get it done.  Fingers crossed.  We even discussed building a small lookout deck together....  We'll see.  That is definitely a heat of summer job.

I had planned to make Mexican Skillet for dinner, but realized that we only had one tortilla, so I modified the recipe and came up with something everyone loved.  Hubby said "blog it".... HA!  So here it goes....

MEXCIAN SPAGHETTI




4 cups cooked white rice
1 lb lean ground meat (venison, beef, buffalo, turkey or chicken would all work... we used venison)
1 package taco seasoning
1 15.5 oz can of beans (I used black but you could easily use kidney beans)
1 cup Thick & Chunky salsa (mild or whatever you like)
1 cup  water
1 cup Mexican shredded cheese
Sour Cream
Scallions/Green onions

Brown meat in skillet.  Add taco seasoning, beans, salsa & water.  Bring to a boil and then simmer until thickens (5-10 mins).  Top with cheese and cover.  Remove from heat.  Let stand 5 mins or until cheese melts.  Serve over 1 cup of rice and put a dollop if sour cream and top with green onions.


My new creation!
Then tonight I spent the evening post kiddo bedtime DE EASTERING MY HOUSE.  Eggs, gone.  Baskets, gone.  Ahhhhh.... sweet tranquility!

No comments:

Post a Comment