Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Birthday Blog

Today was my birthday.  I woke up and successfully and surprisingly easily did a 5 mile run.  Outside of races and a few times on the towpath, this was a rare outside run.  I have never run from my house so I decided to take the plunge and try something new.  I LOVED IT.  Our neighborhood is QUITE rural.  Not exactly cornfields, but the minimum parcel here is 2 acres.  There are several horse farms in my neighborhood.  I took off at 8am and ran against traffic (I hate the thought of a car coming up behind me and not seeing them first) and went 2.5 miles one way and turned around.  It was AWESOME.  I do feel that I could have done more but was afraid to keep going and run out of gas on the way back.  Now to build from here!!!  CAN'T wait.

Speaking about running... I just signed up for the COLOR RUN.  I've never heard of it but apparently it is required to wear a white T shirt.  At the 1, 2, 3, 4 & 5 K marks they throw colored corn starch at you. Each mark has its own color so at the end you are a sweaty tie dyed mess.  Im in!  It's not a timed run so its even more up my alley than normal!!  Its 6/16 if you're curious ;)  The Color Run

The rest of the day was spent on my rear end playing with the kiddos.  Good times.  Hubby made my favorite scallops & swiss chard with a few steamed shrimp... YUM!!!  NOT surprising at this point because she eats EVERYTHING but D2 ate a TON.  Hubby even mentioned that she ate more than D1.  At least she likes seafood!!  THATS MY GIRL!!!

Now to get to bed to prepare for Hubby's birthday tomorrow.  Yep, we are one day apart!  Nope, he will NEVER forget my birthday!  I have breakfast in bed with his 3 special girls all planned out!

No comments:

Post a Comment