Friday, April 20, 2012

Overextended & Yonanas

My new Crimson Queen Japanese Maple

Some natives, Columbine, sedums, lemon thyme, vinka & Dianthus
The last few days have been A MESS.  I overextend myself and over estimate my abilities frequently.  Unfortunately this week was pretty bad.  Tuesday I had music class in the morning and then had some of the mom's club over for a meeting.  I cooked/prepped all day and was spent by 10pm.  Wednesday was pretty much the peak.  We had a meeting downtown with our financial advisor a 2:45.  I ran 2 miles in the morning and rushed out of the shower and out the door by 2:25 which made us 10 mins late.  Our meeting went over so we hit rush hour traffic coming home.  I had to take my MIL home, pick up a trailer, pick up our patio furniture and get to a Mother's Club meeting by 7:30.  Sounded doable in my head.  In reality I was crazy.  I went to get the trailer and realized that  left the ball/hitch at home.  Home I went.  20 mins wasted.  The furniture wasn't 100% ready which took time.  Then I got to the meeting a bit after 8.  REAL good considering that I was voted in as president for next year.  Yep. Just great.  Thursday we had to drive out to Perry Ohio to hit a wholesale nursery.  I considered it a quick trip.  Not so much.  The place was so huge, our saleswoman had to drive us around in struck to collect the plants I requested.  We had dentist appointments planned which I cancelled.  FML.

All this when I am only getting about 5 hours sleep because D2 enjoys getting up at 6am ready to party.

Today I decided that we were doing NOTHING except for school.  I took D1 for her 11:15-12:45 mommy & me preschool class.  It was fun.  daddy left for work at 4pm and  we relaxed into the evening.  I did make an easy and yummy Skinny Chicken Alfredo.  I misread the ingredients and used raw broccoli and it tasted awesome... and the broccoli was crunchy which is what we like! Its from Pinterest.  Here's the recipe.  I used a bit more broth because my sauce got REALLY thick.


3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, grilled and cut into chunks (about 2 cups)
2 cups roasted broccoli florets
8 ounces fettuccine
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 teaspoons minced garlic
2 tablespoons flour
1 cup fat-free, low sodium chicken broth
1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
1/4 cup skim milk
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 pinch ground nutmeg
3/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Skinny Chicken Alfredo 
 In a pot of boiling, salted water, cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
In a medium saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium-low heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring frequently, until the garlic is golden, 1 to 2 minutes.
Whisk in the flour until smooth, about 2 minutes. Gradually whisk in the chicken broth, Greek yogurt, milk, pepper and nutmeg. Bring to a low boil, stirring constantly. Lower the heat and simmer, stirring gently, until the mixture thickens, about 3 minutes. Stir in 3/4 cup Parmesan.
Add cooked chicken and broccoli to sauce mixture, followed by the cooked pasta. Toss to combine and serve with more Parmesan, if desired.
Yonanas
 Then I decided to be a good mom and make the kids some Yonanas.  If you haven't heard about this listen up.  ITS AWESOME.  You have to like bananas.  Lately, any bananas that we have the are very ripe and there are no takers to eat it.  Instead of waiting, we have been freezing.  Then you put it into this gadget and you basically have 100% healthy fruit ice cream.  It tastes amazing.  I took ours and added some 25 calorie cherry, acai and raspberry preserves and I was in heaven!!!  The kids think its ice cream... he he he.


it spits it out in an ice cream consistency

Just the way I love it!


No comments:

Post a Comment