Saturday, April 7, 2012

6 MILES! & More cleaning

I have not run since my birthday.  D2 foiled my plan the other morning and Hubby was off today so I took advantage of the situation.  I woke up at 645 and had my coffee and did my normal routine.  Everyone was still asleep at 7:30 so I put my plan into action.  Today was to be 6 miles!  I woke hubby to let him in on my plan and out the door I went!  It was fabulous.  I headed the same direction as last time but tacked on an extra half mile going out.  Mile 2.5-3 was tough.  It was mostly uphill which is probably the reason but I persevered.  I got home and felt AWESOME!!!  This will definitely keep me going.  Hubby is off for 3 days so I may try and do 7-8 on Monday!  I WILL run this Half in May... I WILL.

Now for the rant.  I know that muscle weighs more than fat... yeah, yeah.  I just get so mad when I step on the scale and there has been NO change. NONE.  I just don't get it.  I used to log everything I ate... and did really well... so maybe thats what I need to do again, but i just was always such a chore.  I am so busy with my day to day activities, I just can't imagine adding yet another thing to my list of "to do's."  I guess its something I have to do to see myself in a size 6. HUMPH.

I did get a childish giggle today... my Keurig Vue arrived!  WAHOO!!!!  I was like a schoolgirl.  I ripped the 'old' one off the countertop so fast!  I had everything set up and a coffee in hand within 10 minutes!  Its FABULOUS.  I can ABSOLUTELY tell the difference.  Its amazing!!!  HIGHLY recommend it!  Even Hubby said that it tastes so much better. My 'old' machine is actually a replacement for one that just wasn't working well.  I only bought this one at Christmas.  The new one is literally ripping the lids of the K cups.  I had planned to exchange it anyways... so I will still do that and maybe gift it.  We will see!

Was SO excited!

My new Keurig Vue
Coffee served!




















My runner high was in full effect and now I had 2 cups of coffee in me so I started my cleaning binge. I finished the floors, then the bathrooms, then the baseboards, laundry and finished with windows.  I decided to try a pinterest recipe and make my own grout cleaner.  I made it and cleaned both my bathroom and the girls bathroom and I am quite impressed.  I would suggest using a handled bristle brush, it seemed to work well!!  Here's the recipe!

GROUT CLEANER


Grout cleaner!

Directions:


  1. 1
    Combine in a gallon container,do yourself a favor, and put the water in FIRST!
  2. 2
    Shake.
  3. 3
    Don't get it near anything with BLEACH!
  4. 4
    To use: Fill a spray bottle, spray onto tile/grout- wipe with a damp cloth or sponge, or use a scrub brush.

    My clean floors!
    Then I made dinner.  This recipe is an old one from Vegetarian Times magazine.  I LOVE that magazine.  Always a wealth of ideas that are relatively healthy!  Today was Chickpea Tacos.... They are AMAZING!!!  Even D2 loves them!!  Lookout for more recipes soon... I sat upfront of the cooking channel for a good hour today!!  LOL!

    Mixing the ingredients
    Dinner is ready!





















    Chickpea Tacos



    • 1 avocado, peeled, pitted, and diced
    • 1 15-oz. can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
    • 3 Tbs. chopped cilantro
    • 4 tsp. fresh lime juice
    • 1 clove garlic, minced (1 tsp.)
    • taco shells or tortillas
    • 2 cups baby salad greens
    • 1 cup prepared salsa (medium or hot)
    • ½ cup sour cream
    • Mexican Taco cheese
    1. Place avocado in small bowl, and mash with fork. Stir in chickpeas, cilantro, lime juice, and garlic; season with salt and pepper.  Assemble and serve on corn shells or Soft tortillas.


    I also set up my bio-set 2 days ago.  I got this as a gift from my BIL and its been in a drawer.  I got it all ready and 1.5 days later I have sprouts!!!  Bring on the sandwiches!!

    My bio-set
    They are already sprouting!!


    I also sent Hubby to the store today.  We have been having potty issues.  D1 no longer wants her 'little potty".  This isn't an issue upstairs because the seat fits our toilet.  Downstairs is the issue.  We have 'elongated' toilets and the potty seat she picked just doesn't fit, it slides all around and is frankly a pain in my ass.  I was searching online for alternatives and found the perfect solution!!  Bemis makes a seat with a child seat built in!!  GENIUS!!!  I sent Hubby to the store and had it set up in under 10 minutes!!!

    The box

    Installed.... AWESOME!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment