Monday, April 16, 2012

Mall Outing & Portobello Mushrooms!

Toady I woke up with the intent of running.  It was an 'easy' day... no adding of mileage, just slow steady 4 miles.  I got up at 640, let the pups out and started brewing my coffee.  I literally tiptoed.  D2 woke up.  DAMN!  There must be a trip alarm rigged to her room.  The kid KNOWS.  Problem was that Hubby was up with her at 1am so I wanted to let him sleep.  I know, good wife.  It quickly became 8:30 and D1 was up.  I was still in my workout clothes and I peek my head in and Hubby proceeds to ask me if I ran.  Ummm. No.  He happily got up and started his day... coffee.. etc.  Mondays are trash days so he had to collect it from the house and it soon became 10am.  Still no run.

I finally got the green light at 1030. It was windy and warm.  Beautiful day.  It got questionable for thunderstorms there for a tiny bit but they blew over.  I was so hot that I think I would have welcomed a rain!  4 miles down.  I got back and we started our day.  I weighed myself.  Granted, my clothes fir me better but I really haven't lost the staggering weight you would think.  I do notice that my boobs are deflating; literally!  Thats what I am losing!!!!

I had ordered a dress online that when it arrived I despised it so I wanted to return it at the mall.  D1 LOVES shopping (wonder where she gets it) so off we went. It was pretty much lunch time at this point so we did our usual.  D1 gets 'noodles' which is a side order of Sbarro's ziti and I get my Chop It salad.  Then we finish it with some gelato.  YUMMY!!!

We got home and it was nap time.  D1 was pretty much exhausted so went without objection.  Hubby was out pulling down the dead vines from the trees.  It looks SO MUCH BETTER.  I can't wait to have it all done!!!  Pics to come!

Then I started dinner.  This one was a HUGE family favorite!!!  Hubby ate 2 of the mushrooms and said that he could have eaten 5 more.  OK!  I NEVER watch TV but caught myself watching a few cooking shows the other week and Jazzy Vegetarian came on.  We do love our meatless days and this recipe looked great.  Here is her link to the original recipe.  Its actually a vegan recipe (the use veganase) but I used regular mayo.  VERY TASTY!


Crispy Portobello Steaks
Ingredients
Makes 4 servings
4 portobello mushrooms, stemmed
3 cups cornflakes
1 teaspoon italian seasoning
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
1⁄8 to 1⁄4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
2 to 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1⁄3 cup vegan mayonnaise 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
2 teaspoons reduced-sodium tamari


Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a 13 x 9-inch baking pan with parchment paper.
Ready to be cooked
 










Rinse the portobello mushrooms briefly and pat dry with a clean dish towel, taking care not to break them.
Just out of the oven
Put the cornflakes, italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt, and pepper in a blender or food processor and process to form crumbs. Transfer to a medium bowl. Add 1 tablespoon of the oil. Stir until the crumbs are evenly coated.
Put the vegan mayonnaise and mustard in a small bowl and whisk until thoroughly blended.
Lay a mushroom upside down on a large plate. Sprinkle 1⁄2 teaspoon of the tamari over the gills, then drizzle with 1 tea- spoon of the oil. Turn the mushroom over and spread one-quarter of the mayonnaise mixture evenly over the top. Spread one-quarter of the cornflake mixture evenly over the top, patting it down firmly and not leaving any holes or gaps. Put the mushroom in the lined pan, right-side up. Repeat with the remaining ingredients.
Tent the baking pan with foil and bake for 20 minutes. Turn the heat down to 375 degrees F, remove the foil, and bake for 10 to 20 minutes, until the mushrooms are fork-tender and the coating is crispy.
Let cool for 5 to 10 minutes to firm up. Cut the mushrooms into thick diagonal slices and serve immediately.
Finished Product!
YUMMY!

No comments:

Post a Comment