Tuesday, April 10, 2012

I've disobeyed blog etiquette and Black Olive Hummus

Ok... will start this by saying IM SORRY.  For all of you that have pinned my recipes I truly apologize.  I have been pinning without permalinking to the individual posts.  I will go through tonight and redo my pins.... so bear with me and delete the old ones.  I just found out that this is good etiquette and that I have been a sinner.  Oops!

Next off..... it was a music class day so I woke up bright and early.  It would had been brighter & earlier if D1 wouldn't have woke up at 11pm because her new bunny was covered in silly putty and needed to be fixed RIGHT then.  Then it was a 2 hour ordeal to get her back to sleep in her own bed.  Hubby tried letting her sleep with us which is usually a disaster and last night did not let us down.  Hubby had to work at O'ass30 so he eventually threw in the sympathetic towel and put her into her own bed... tears or not.

We hit Target after music and I scored about 50% off my order with coupons.  AND I had gotten a $20 rebate in the form of a Visa check card so I got outta there extremely easy!  SCORE!

It was freakish weather here and was flurrying throughout the day.  This prevented me from being outside working on the ravine.  Instead I spent the day reading about sprouts.  My 3 sprout dishes are flourishing!  I've gotten the green light to keep it up.  Its SO healthy!  Im all about it and it really takes only little effort.  It also aligns with my daily routine, so it really only takes a minute of my time 2 times per day, which I con side with it!

Sprouts 3 days old!

After nap I wanted a snack.  I'm back to doing bodymedia fit so I tried to keep it healthy.  I had been wanting to make hummus and had a fresh bag of baby carrots in the fridge.  I didn't have any roasted red peppers (or peppers that I could roast myself) so I went through the pantry.  I have a case of black olives (we LOVE black olives) from Costco and the light bulb went on.  I went to work!


BLACK OLIVE HUMMUS

We can't stay out of this... YUM!!
1 can large pitted black olives, drained 
2 cans garbanzo beans, drained (keep juice in cup)
3 tablespoons tahini
1 lime, juiced
4-6 cloves garlic (to taste... we like ALOT)
1 teaspoon salt (you can add a bit more to taste once you are finished)

Throw everything into the food processor and add a few teaspoons of the retained bean juice until you get your desired consistency.  We like it thick because it does water down a bit when it sits in the fridge.

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment