Saturday, May 12, 2012

Market & Bounce House

Today was my BIL's first market day of the year.  He has decided to put all of his eggs in one basket so to  say and chose Howe Meadow in Peninsula.  I am SO HAPPY for him.  The traffic was amazing and when I arrived at 11:30 (its open 9-12 on Saturdays) he had 1 order of shiitake mushrooms left.  He sold 50 orders!!!  AWESOME.  So happy for him.  My MIL was beaming.  The kids got a few minutes to hang out before pack up time.  We then swung by their house on the way home and had lunch.


Then it was the sacred nap time.  The time I live for all day.  Sometimes I feel bad thinking that way but I am getting over it, quickly.  I get SO much done!  Today I trimmed my pussy willow shrub, put together my new composter stand, pulled weeds, and prepped dinner.  I saw that my bearded iris's were blooming so I did shoot a photo of that!
I planted them to hide the well head.
My iris


I had decided that I was going to head up to the rec center to pick up the blowers to the bounce houses that I picked up last week.  A friend called and I invited her and her kiddos to dinner.  I got to the rec, and was back home in no time.  I made dinner for everyone.  It was Turkey Stuffing burgers which is from a friend from the club.  They were VERY yummy.  I'll post the recipe below but  forgot to take a photo. Oh well.  I was so excited to finish to set up the bounce house!

Our club owns 2 bounce houses and we have decided to rent them out to our members.  I wanted to set them up in a backyard environment (they are used primarily in a gym) to see how they would fair.  Setup took all of 5 minutes and we were in business.  The kids had a BLAST!  We had 2 toddlers and a 13 year old jumping continuously.  They had a blast!  Needless to say I didn't think bedtime would be any issue!  I have a feeling that we will be using these a lot!

TURKEY STUFFING BURGERS (I half this recipe)


3 lbs Ground Turkey
3 or 4 tblsp butter
2 Celery Stalks diced
1 Small Onion diced
1 C (or more) Chicken Broth
1/2 pkg Pepperidge Farm seasoned stuffing
2 eggs 
Olive oil for cooking


Melt a couple of tblsp butter and saute celery and onion until soft. Add to stuffing mixture and then add chicken stock until moist. Let sit until soft then add to turkey mix and add the two eggs. Form hand size burgers and cook in pan with a tablespoon or two of olive oil until done.


Serve on toasted Kayser buns and cranberry mayo


Cranberry Mayo: 1 c. Helman's low fat mayo and 1/2 c. cranberry sauce (in the can. Mix well, chill after use.


Okay.... gotta get to bed... I have a 5K in the morning!


1 comment:

  1. Burgers were AWESOME and the kids slept like a rock! Thanks for the great evening.

    ReplyDelete