Saturday, May 19, 2012

Half is here & Crazy times

I've been a crazy busy mama the last few days.. I say it all the time but I just do NOT know where time goes.  The last 2 days I have been dealing with some issues with the build next door.  Without going into great detail; there is a boundary issue.  I spent the latter half of the day yesterday and this morning making phone calls to resolve it.  Fingers crossed that it just goes away.  Humph.

The swing set was installed without fail.  Its AMAZING.  We are so incredibly happy.  Ultrabuilt is AWESOME.  The installers were here for 6 hours!!!  Initially I had them line it up one way and they very graciously changed it for me much later than they should have.  I am SO happy they did!!!!  It's amazing and D1 LOVES it.  D2 is loving her infant swing so everyone is happy.  I just have to stain that puppy next week and we will be in business!



Then I had been filling up the pool and noticed 24 hours into it that we had a leak.  I couldn't tell the location and swore it was in the lower sidewall but alas.. I FOUND IT!!!  I had drained it to about 6 inches and lifted it up and there it was... in the bottom.. so I will be stopping to get a pool repair kit tomorrow.  Refilling will RESUME promptly after filling BECAUSE I will be jumping into it no matter WHAT after my half marathon on Sunday.  Yes, it's here.  Never thought it would come as fast as it has... but it's here.  Am I ready? Probably not... but I'm as ready as I will be so I'm just looking to put it behind me.  I have my 13.1 sticker ready to go onto my car!  I looked at the course map before and it seems longer now!  I also looked at the elevation chart and it takes a pretty steep climb from 10-11 miles in... UUGGHHH.  Not sure how I'm gonna pull this off, but I will.  I've been SEMI-joking with friends the last several days that the 90 year olds will be in front of me, and they think I am joking!!!  NOPE!
Water.... OUTSIDE the pool :(
I just loaded the option to watch/post my split times on Facebook.  Hoping that the runners that I am friends with don't laugh at me... but moreso the NON runners get inspired.  This is all VERY new to me and I hope that it helps one person make that commitment.  In this journey I have also lost 27.2 pounds and counting.  I have not weighed my current weight in probably 4 years.  No kidding.  It IS possible.  Trust me!

Crazy times are coming up in my life.... Not to get too personal but my dad is coming to live with us in about a month.  I have a feeling that my life will be upside down but I am looking forward to it.  At the worst, it will be an extra set of hands... the best case is my kids will have their Pop Pop here with them to watch them grow.  I am also taking over the presidency of my mothers club.  It don't seem like too much of a big deal, but it's something I take great pride in.  Our club is 74 years old and I don't want to be the one to screw things up.  We've come a LONG way and I hope to further it along during my year in charge.  I have an EXCELLENT executive board and I am excited about all the changes we plan to bring to this organization.  It is just going to take more time.  I know I have it in me... I do.

Wanted to take a few more pics around to show how everything is blooming... I just LOVE IT!!  I will take more as the summer progresses and my garden sprouts!
Ice plant





My pond...

Lastly,  Hubby has decided that he wants to have a lake dug.  A few weeks ago he had the Soil & Water conservation people here and they gave him 5 thumbs up that we had a perfect area for it.  Today the excavator came and said the same.  We have a perfect situation in our back lot.  I'm trying to wrap my head around it still, but Hubby is full steam ahead. The bugger even had the permits already printed!  I've been in contact with a friend that has a lake as well as the neighbor across the street that has one.... they both LOVE them.  So we may be seeing Lake Pepera in the near future!
 I know...ONE MORE THING!


















I also threw together a few things and it tasted great!!

MEXICAN PULLED CHICKEN

3 chicken breasts boiled until soft
15 oz jar salsa
15 oz can kidney beans, drained
You could easily add a can of chilies or jalapeños if you like it hot!
salt & pepper
1 cup sharp cheddar

I boiled the chicken and shredded it into a large pan.... I added the salsa and beans until warm and chicken was soaking up salsa.  Top with cheese and cover until melted.  Salt & Pepper to taste.  I served over rice!

No comments:

Post a Comment