Thursday, July 12, 2012

Green Juice & Aquarium

So today marks 4 days of green juice.  Monday was lunch then I switched it up Tuesday and Wednesday and did breakfast as we were traveling on Tuesday and Hubby and I saw the Warped Tour on Wednesday.  Today I did breakfast and lunch.  These are the recipes I have tried:



Mean Green Juice (original)

This is the official recipe used by Joe Cross and Phil Staples according to the Reboot Program.
6 Kale Leaves
1 Cucumber
4 Celery Stalks
2 Green Apples
1/2 Lemon
1 piece of ginger

Mean Green Juice #2

handful spinach
3 stalks of kale
2 golden delicious apples
small handful parsley
1 lemon
1 cucumber
I like juice #2 better but Hubby likes #1.  So I modify it a bit each time. I like the ginger taste a lot.  I did get some different apples at the grocery tonight to add variation.  I feel like I can do this.  I'm not snacking half as much and I know that I can get 1.5 juices out of each batch.  Right now I share with hubby.  When I do the total cleanse I will make larger batches so that I am full and Hubby still has his share.  I plan to hit my BIL's farmers market on Saturday and load up on kale, cucumbers & celery.  My garden is coming along but I have definite plans to make it larger next year.  I can really tell you that I feel GREAT.  2 people have already asked me about juicing this week.  I'm very excited to go full throttle and see how I feel.  Can't wait to get started... but I have to be realistic and plan around the obligations I already have.  Soon enough!  GO JUICE!
D1 is in love with fish.  She loves going to the Cleveland Aquarium... she loves going to the zoo to see the 'fishes'.  Yesterday I threw out an idea to get her an aquarium of her own.  She wants a nightlight... and so I mentioned it to Hubby and of course he said "sure"!  I went today alone (great idea!) so I could scope everything out and decide without her wanting everything in the store.  I got some 17 year old kid that knew EVERYTHING about fish.  Score!  Problem was that he said that I should not buy the fish today.  Grrrrr.  I knew he was right but I KNEW D1 would not see it that way.  I went in with the intension of getting a 10 gallon starter tank.  When I was told that I would have to clean it every other week I easily increased the tank size to 20 gallons.  The larger the tank, the less maintenance.  I'm ALLLLLLL about lesser maintenance.  Hubby, D1, D2 and I got everything washed, rinsed, and filled.  The filter set up, the gravel and plants in place and we are golden.  Tomorrow (as long as we are a good girl) we will be getting some fish.  17 Year old suggested tetras.  We can fit more fish in the tank (and therefore if one goes belly up... she won't notice) and they are friendly and stay small.  WISH US LUCK!!


No comments:

Post a Comment