Friday, April 6, 2012

Shopping & Chicken Spinach Bake

This morning was rough.  I had great plans of getting some treadmill time in this morning but I was up half the night with D2.  She was snotty last night so I should have known it was coming.  She woke up at midnight but fell back asleep, 3 and did the same, and then again at 5:30.  This time she wanted attention.  She was not afraid to SCREAM for it.  I figured that I would medicate her but that did not do the trick so I reverted to a bottle.  She fell asleep but was back up at 7.  UUGGHHH.  No running for mommy.

I got D1 up at 8:30 so we could officially start our day.  We had breakfast and I completed my morning routine of coffee, emptying the dishwasher and checking emails.  D2 started rubbing her eyes at about 10:15 so I took note and put her in her crib for her nap.  She slept until 12:30 and by that time I had decided that I wanted to hit the streets.  My Keurig Vue will arrive via FedEx tomorrow so I wanted to get to Bed Bath & Beyond to stock up on some Vue Cups.  CAN NOT WAIT.  We also had to hit Jaworski's deli (BEST place on the planet!!) to pick up the traditional Polish staple for easter.  We make a soup called Borscht and serve it with kielbasa and pirogues.  I will be posting pics!

Next stop was the grocery store.  D1's new thing is to drive the 'car cart'.  She LOVES it and frankly, if she is going to behave and enjoy it... GOOD.  I had prepped for our trip by making a list as well as clipping coupons.  Happily our original total was $158 and I walked out paying $106.  SCORE.  It was nap time upon our arrival home.  I made dinner and sat on my rear for a bit.  Dinner was really good.  Here's the recipe.

Hoping to get a good nights sleep and get a run in tomorrow morning... fingers crossed!!!

the ingrediets

plus the spinach


Combined

With Cheese

All done!

Chicken Spinach Bake
   ounces uncooked rigatoni pasta
  • tablespoon EVOO
  • cup finely chopped onion (about 1 medium)
  • 1 (10 ounce) package fresh baby spinach leaves, chopped
  • cups cubed cooked chicken breasts
  • 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Italian-style diced tomatoes, undrained
  • 1 (8 ounce) container chive & onion cream cheese
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon pepper
  • 3 Cloves garlic, pressed
  • 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
Cook Rigatoni per package directions.

Sautee onions in EVOO

Stir rigatoni, spinach, chicken and rest of ingredients and sprinkle evenly with shredded mozzarela cheese.

Bake, covered, at 375 degrees for 30 minutes; uncover and bake 15 more minutes until bubbly





2 comments:

  1. That is the excellent mindset, nonetheless is just not help to make every sence whatsoever preaching about that mather. Virtually any method many thanks in addition to i had endeavor to promote your own article in to delicius nevertheless it is apparently a dilemma using your information sites can you please recheck the idea. thanks once more. 성인용품창업

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some people would even combine the old traditional patterns with these new, contemporary elements to create a completely new look that they think would be more eye-catching and unique. If you want to get more interesting details about hanfu clothing, you may go here.

    ReplyDelete